No.8 Technical Support Engineer to work alongside the No.8 Technical Manager to provide high-performance operations support in our Soho Facilities.
This position focuses on troubleshooting, diagnoses, documenting, and resolving technical issues surrounding Autodesk Flame, Nuke and Maya in a Linux broadcast environment and pipeline support.
The role will suit a technical support engineer wanting to work in a modern, future facing and supportive creative environment.
What you will do:
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd calls for technical support across facility.
- Technical support for Autodesk Flame in a Linux broadcast environment
- Technical support and pipeline development for Nuke and Maya in a Linux broadcast environment
- Assist end-user expectations and systems issues using technical and client service skills.
- Install and configure software as well as troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning software in a Linux and MACOSX Environment.
- Help set up and upgrade computer systems in a networked environment with minimum end-user interruption.
- Properly integrate hardware devices with Linux and Macintosh systems.
- Manage break-fix expectations with staff and effectively communicate changes accordingly.
- Troubleshoot and repair or arrange for repair of defective equipment.
- Effectively communicate the status of issues and projects in progress to concerned parties on a timely basis.
- Document and communicate system support issues with end-users, IT staff, and management.
- Perform special projects as needed.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in Autodesk Flame in a Linux broadcast environment
- Experience in pipeline development for Nuke and Maya in a Linux broadcast environment
- Experience with Baselight would be advantageous
- Experience with MACOSX based systems
- Understanding of technology and the role of the client in relation to the larger IT infrastructure.
- Remote user management experience helpful.
- Able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with co-workers and customers.
- Excellent technical, verbal and written skills.
- Self-starter, energetic, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Team player that strives to maximize team/department performance.
- Detail-oriented and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritize based on production needs.
- Be part of the company culture
Loading application form
Already working at No.8?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.