The Senior MCR assistant will support multiple VFX (Flame, Nuke) and Audio (Pro Tools) suites as well as working co-operatively with the Colour Assist teams on a constant basis. Although beneficial experience with supporting Audio suites is not essential.
The role also involves QC, encoding and delivering to broadcast and online specifications
- Assisting VFX (Flame, Nuke) and audio (pro tools) suites.
- Working with full MCR and Colour Assist teams to streamline and improve processes
- Encoding for approval and broadcast/online mastering.
- Full audio/visual QC of delivery masters.
- Helping support and train junior members of staff for the MCR department.
- Communicating with production, artists, and clients in an effective and polite manner.
- Working to tight deadlines in an organised and efficient way
The successful candidate will be a professional and motivated individual displaying the following attributes:
- Previous experience as a VFX/MCR assistant in a post-production facility or agency
- Excellent time management skills and multitasking abilities.
- Positive attitude towards problem solving and tight deadlines.
- A firm understanding of camera codecs, rushes ingest and workflow.
- Excellent knowledge of broadcast QC and delivery specifications.
- Excellent understanding of compression, codecs, formats and deliverables.
- Strong encoding experience.
- Social platform knowledge from creative best practice to latest updates on formats and specs, across multiple platforms.
- Working knowledge of Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Good knowledge of VFX workflows.
- Previous experience in the prep and management of assets for VFX projects.
- Previous experience in the prep and management of assets for Audio projects is useful but not essential.
- Consistent attention to detail essential.
- Adapt to new working methods and technology advances.
- Thorough knowledge of audio tech specs for all regions worldwide would be beneficial but not essential
- Understanding of 5.1 Dolby practices and surround sound formats in general would be beneficial but not essential
- Both technical and practical knowledge of Protools would be beneficial but not essential
- Minimum 5+ years experience working in the post-production Industry
- Minimum 3+ years experience MCR environment
Salary will be based on the applicant’s experience.